April 30, 2012

Larry talks about...Sarah's diary

I thought about a character interview vs posting something from one of the character's journals or diary. I immediately opted for the interview format but no one would cooperate. Dancer told me had homework to finish (yeah sure, good one Dancer). Beeker whined that he had promised Lefty and Righty he would help them clean the hallways in their building (their dad is the super) and Joanie suddenly had a date with Scratch. As for Teddy, I could not find him anywhere. So, what to do? Well, I swiped Sarah's diary and took a peek. I feel a bit guilty about doing this but my justification is that since I created it anyway I guess I can learn to live with it. I hope you understand. I do respect other people's boundaries.

January 1, 1966

Dear Diary:

It is New Year's Day and my own mother is not talking to me because I did not get home until this morning. She knows the car would not start. She knows it was only 5 degrees outside. But, it's all about Teddy. Always about Teddy. It isn't fair. I try so hard. I think Momma and Daddy actually hate each other. Daddy is so mean to her. He doesn't talk to anyone. He just sits in that ridiculous red chair watching TV. I found out that he had a big yelling fight with Kevin last night and threw him out. His own son, he throws him out on New Year's Eve. How could he do that? I was not there so Momma was probably in her room just crying and feeling alone and blaming me for it. It is not fair. I hate this so much. They have not spoken a word to each other in months. Why don't they just separate? She makes him supper and I have to give it to him. If he needs something from her I have to get it. I'm supposed to keep them together? For what? The whole thing is insane and I can't talk about it at all, even with Teddy. Teddy? Oh my God, she wants me to go out with Bert. Bert's a jerk. All wrapped up in himself. Just because he goes to NYU and is going to be a doctor. Teddy is just a "stupid construction worker". Well, I don't care Momma, it is my life. What am I supposed to do? She always is sick and says she has chest pains and is dizzy. If something happens to her I'll get blamed by everyone. Oh sure, it will be all my fault. I don't know what to do. I really love Teddy but I don't want to kill my own mother. Oh my God---I have to put this down.    Happy New Year diary, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment