November 7, 2011

Keeping Your Cents review

Keeping Your Cents
November 7, 2011

Book Review - Slippery Willie's Stupid, Ugly Shoes
by Mardesia Chauvin


Willie Wiggles hates his slippery feet. He just slips, slides and spins all over the place. But what he hates even more are the special shoes that have been made for him that will help him to walk just like all the other kids. Willie thinks that they are the "stupidest, ugliest shoes in the whole world."


* * * * * * * * * *
Most people will be able to relate to the message in Slippery Willie's Stupid, Ugly Shoes by Larry Peterson.

For most of my adult life I would say that I have worn my hair in a socially acceptable way. Recently I decided to make a change to something a little more natural that my husband really liked. My hair was finished, I rode home and then the doubt set in. Looking in the mirror I felt like I had the stupidest, ugliest hair in the whole world.


I work at an elementary school and the children can at times be merciless with the teasing. Was I setting myself up for being teased?


So the next morning, instead of being confident in my choice I made the decision to wear a scarf. Every day for a week I wore a different scarf to match my outfits. Finally my husband questioned me as to why I was hiding my cute hair under scarves.


It took his questions and reassurances to make me take off the scarves and go to work with my new hairdo. The funny thing was nobody was laughing and pointing. Everywhere I went the kids told me how cool my hair was and how much they liked the style.


A week spent worrying myself to death for nothing!

In Slippery Willie's Stupid, Ugly Shoes, discover how sometimes we worry about things about ourselves when actually there is nothing to worry about in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment