May 18, 2012

Larry answers more of your questions

If you could travel in a Time Machine would you go back to the past or into the future?
Definitely the past. The future will take care of itself.

If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?
Food, water and a book, preferably the Bible. There is a lot to read and you can read it over and over and still learn.

What is one book everyone should read?
Hemingway's "Old Man and the Sea". It is short yet powerful showing the love between a poor, old fisherman and a boy and the deep respect they have for each other.

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Butter Pecan

If you could meet one person who has died who would you choose?
Abraham Lincoln. The greatest president, full of wisdom, insightfulness and patience. Loved his country unconditionally yet through it all remained a simple man.

Night owl, or early bird?
Absolutely--early bird

Pet Peeves?
People just butting into to others who are having a conversation and couples in restaurants where one finds it necessary to talk on their phone. Leave the damn phone in your car. You can always call back later.

Skittles or M&Ms?
M&Ms

Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book.
This book reinforces basic family values and also demonstrates the the quiet yet important work always being done by so many GOOD priests.

Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects?
I am working on the sequel to "The Priest & The Peaches". My goal is to finish that. I can only do one thing at a time.

What inspired you to want to become a writer?
Interesting question---I don't know that I was "inspired" to write. I think I just like doing it.

Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.
Being told by someone you do not know that they REALLY loved your book and knowing it comes from their heart. It doesn't get any better than that.

What's one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?
Just keep at it, accept rejection gracefully, do the best you can and do NOT quit.

What is your favorite Quote?
"Do your BEST and let God do the rest"

How did you know you should become an author?
I didn't know. Even though I loved to write I don't think I ever actually thought I would one day be an author.

Can you see yourself in any of your characters?
Actually, and this may sound weird, but I see parts of myself in all of my characters. I think that is my own omniscient way of dealing with them. They are never strangers to me

What's the best advice anyone has ever given you?
Judson Bailey, an old time reporter and editor for the AP who passed away many years ago told me "just be yourself". That's what I try to do. I never try to imitate anyone or anything.

How do you react to a bad review?
It's part of the busness. I try to learn from the negatives. You can never please everyone.

If you were a super hero what would your kryptonite be?
Tears, hunger and a lonely person

Give us a glimpse into a typical day in your day starting when you wake up till you lie down again.
OK--5:30 to 6a.m--get up. Turn on computer, check messages. Leave at 6:45 for 7a.m Mass. Return home at 7:45. Work on writing until about 1:p.m. Grab some lunch, get in a couple of mile walk, return home. Check mesaages again, do some of the social-netwroking stuff that need to be done and wrap that all up by 5. Dinner about 6, some TV or reading and in bed by 10. That's bascially it. I do watch football and baseball when on. Sort of boring but it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment