June 1, 2011

Heavenly Savings review

Heavenly Savings
May 31, 2011

Slippery Willie Review!

by Krista Whiz

Slippery Willie
By: Larry Peterson
Willie Wiggles hates his slippery feet. He just slips, slides and spins all over the place. But what he hates even more are the special shoes that have been made for him that will help him to walk just like all the other kids. Willie thinks that they are the "stupidest, ugliest shoes in the whole world." Discover how sometimes we worry about things about ourselves when actually there is nothing to worry about in the first place.

My Thoughts

I am fortunate with my daughters school uniform policy. The kids dress the same and there are often times no teasing due to the clothes that are worn. But, I have found that my daughter is very picky about how her hair looks because she does not want to be made fun of from her classmates.

Slippery Willie is about a boy who thinks that he will be laughed at because of a pair of shoes his Mother is going to make him wear. I love how Larry Peterson was able to capture the overly dramatic thoughts of a child and bring them to life in this adorable book. I found Slippery Willie to be funny and interesting all at the same time! My daughter and I really enjoyed reading this book together and we were then able to talk about what we should do in a situation where you are being made fun of or what she should do if she see's someone else being teased.

At the end of the book the Author has come ups with neat little interactive ideas that you can do with your child. For example having them wear something 'ugly' to school to see what the kids really think about that item or even volunteering at a local hospital to see the kids that might be 'different'. I love the interactive thoughts at the back of the book and it was wonderful to have a book open up the discussions that were opened up after reading Slippery Willie!


Buy It!
You may visit HERE to make a purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment