June 13, 2012

You've got questions? Larry's got answers!

When did you first get the idea for The Priest and the Peaches?
My brothers and sister and I did lose our parents when we were quite young but I never considered writing about that or something based on that. Then, about four years ago our brother, Bobby, suddenly passed away. After the funeral we were at a pub up in Monroe, NY, and were were sitting around reminiscing. Well, more and more memories began to come forth from all of us and, before you knew it, we were laughing our heads off and having a grand old time. It was awesome. That is when the idea began to germinate. The book is a fictionalized account of those days and many of the characters and incidents can be attributed to "poetic license."

Have you always wanted to be a writer?
I guess so. But it took me most of my life to actually get there. The cliche, "You gotta do what you gotta do," would fit me well. I was where I was when I was needed and always tried my best to do what I had to do no matter the circumstances. This relegated writing to the lower echelons of what "needed" to be done. Today I am blessed to be enjoying what I like to call my "permanent senior moment" which is that of being a writer.

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
I really have no desire to go anywhere in particular but if I actually had to choose it probably would be the Vatican. The history and treasure trove of artifacts there would be something to see.

What is one item on your bucket list?
There is something and it just popped up last week. My son and I began coaching a Lttle League team of six and seven year olds. One of the boys has a form of autism. He does not pay attention , cannot throw a ball or catch one. If we can get him to actually learn how to throw and catch by April that would be quite an accomplishment. That is the one thing on my previously empty bucket list. We'll see how it goes.

Describe The Priest and the Peaches in just five words!
Loving your neighbor means forgiveness.

Chocolate or vanilla?
Vanilla (but today it is chocolate---I am flexible)

Target or Walmart?
Walmart is two miles from where I live. So, Walmart equals convenience.

Ice cream or frozen yogurt?
Ice cream

Movies or books?
Books, although I do not read nearly as much as I would like to.

No comments:

Post a Comment