June 6, 2012

More questions...more Larry

1. Tell us why we should read your book in twitter detail. (140 characters or less)
The Priest & The Peaches---sad, funny, kids taking care of kids--family and love.

2. What is the hardest part of the writing process for you?
Editing. When you write YOUR words down and look at them later it is your creation that you have to be ruthless with it. We have a tendency to sort of fall in love with our own work. I don't. When I re-read something I have done I know what has to go and it is like, OH NUTS!-now I have to do it over. So I call myself something like "dumb" or "idiot" and get busy re-doing.

3. How do you balance serious moments with funny ones in your books?
Never thought about this. I think I try to insert humor into the most serious situations. For example, when Teddy throws a punch at the "Trumpet Man" and punches Scratch by mistake busting his nose and blood is all over the place. That was a serious situation but it was funny.

4. What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
People butting into conversations others might be having simply because they have a need to say something that is not an emergency and have no respect for the folks talking together. Also, people on cell phones in restaurants when they are with folks. You can talk later. There was time we had no cell-phones or pagers or answering machines. We all survived. Leave the phone in the car.

5. What is your favorite part of the Holiday Season?
Thanksgiving Day thru January 1 - I love the whole Christmas season.

6. Least favorite?
January 2. Back to reality.

7. If we had an author talent show, what would your talent be?
I would ask if I could sit in the audience. I'd be the loudest clapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment