April 18, 2012

Larry talks about ... his plans for 2012

So you might ask, what are my plans for 2012? First of all, let me say this. In this 21st century world of high-tech communications, constant travel hither and yon and keeping up with the Kardashians, I would classify myself as a dinosaur. I’m still more or less stuck in the 80′s and 90′s watching “Cheers” and “Seinfeld” re-runs on TV. In fact, I only have basic cable which includes none of the upscale movie channels like HBO, Showtime etc. I do watch football and baseball although rooting for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers can give you a migraine.

Plans for the YEAR. I’m not kidding, I do not project past the day I have been blessed to have. I know, I know–I have to schedule appointments and such and I do that sort of thing. But, for me personally, I’m happy as a clam in my little corner of the world. Bottom line–I have everything money can buy. I drive a 92′ Chevy with 170k on it and it runs great. Does the same thing a new Caddy does without the “bells & whistles”. I do admit that it could use a paint job and I know that I’ll need new tires in the next month or so–big deal. I have a roof over my head, a nice bed to sleep in, a refrigerator with food in it, a TV, a computer, a DVD player, a cell-phone, a microwave, a stove and oven, a washer & dryer, friends I can count on and family that always has my back. Most importantly, I have good health and so does my wife who spent most of 2011 undergoing chemo treatments and is now in remission. The way I see it is I have all of the stuff that even a Donald Trump has. He just has bigger and better. I don’t care. Good for him.

So–my plans for 2012 are as follows. I will be voting (if I am still here) and I will be writing and trying to get better at it. Otherwise I am going to enjoy the rest of today. Tomorrow will be here soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment